Author: Mac Diva — Published: Dec 09, 2003 at 6:09 pm
The Associated Press reports:
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Child welfare investigators earlier this
year found there was no basis for allegations that Michael Jackson
had abused the boy now accusing him of molestation, according
to a confidential memo.
The memo from an administrator with the Los Angeles County Department
of Children and Family Services was based on an investigation
last February and was leaked to the Web site thesmokinggun.com,
which posted it Tuesday. A source familiar with the document
confirmed its authenticity to The Associated Press.
The memo was dated Nov. 26, 2003 - a week after the Santa Barbara
County district attorney announced child molestation allegations
Both the boy and his brother told investigators Jackson had
not sexually abused them, according to the memo. Their older
sister said she had never witnessed anything sexually inappropriate
between her brothers and the entertainer.
The memo was sent from a regional administrator to bureau chief
Charles Sophy and detailed a probe completed before Sophy
joined the agency.
Jackson's defense is certain to seize on the memo.
Santa Barbara County District Attorney Thomas Sneddon
did not immediately return a call for comment Tuesday.
The memo, which refers to Jackson as ``the entertainer,'' said
the department began a 13-day inquiry after a Los Angeles school
district official called its hot line Feb. 14 out of concern
for the boy and his brother. The investigation was conducted
with the Los Angeles police.
Does anyone know if Sneddon will soon be seeking reelection
or has aspirations to higher office? Though this new evidence
is not conclusive, it makes his decision to charge Jackson look
a lot less reasonable.