Posthumous Awards And Honors
Save the World Awards: (Austria; July 24, 2009)
Soul Train: (USA; October, 2009)
MOBO: (UK; October, 2009)
- Michael Jackson posthumously received a 2009
SAVE THE WORD AWARD for his many humanitarian contributions.
Heal the World was the motto of the evening.
Pocono Film Festival 2009: (USA; October 2009)
T.J. Martell Foundation: (USA; October 28, 2009)
- Lifetime Achievement Award
National Film Registry, Library of Congress: (USA; December,
American Music Awards: (USA; November 22, 2009)
- The foundation awards its first ever Legend
Award to Michael Jackson, the single largest donor in the
T.J. Martell Foundation´s 34-year history. Bringing
together leaders from a variety of industries, the T.J.
Martell Foundation´s annual Awards Gala serves to
provide recognition for humanitarian work, and to raise
funds for innovative research and treatments in the fight
against leukemia, cancer and AIDS.
- Pop Rock Male, Pop Rock Album (Number Ones),
R&B/Soul Male and R&B/Soul Album (Number Ones).
- The United States Library of Congress has
officially inducted Michael Jackson´s Thriller
into the National Film Registry, making it the first music
video ever to be added to the archives and one of only a
few hundred films that have had the honor of being a part
of the Registry. I think it is a recognition of how
much they [videos] changed the music industry in the ´80s,
and we thought it was important to represent that,
said Stephen Leggett, the coordinator of the National Film
Preservation Board. We picked this one because it
was most iconic from the era.
Barbados Music Awards: (Barbados; January 10, 2010)
Semper Opera Ball: (Germany; January 15, 2010)
- International Lifetime Achievement Award
Grammy Awards: (USA; January 31, 2010)
- Michael was awarded a posthumous prize for
his global charity work. The director of the Semper Opera
Ball, Hans-Joachim Frey, said Michael Jackson supported
39 foundations and charity projects, started his own foundation
and donated a total of more than 300 million dollars.
Echo Awards: (Germany; March 4, 2010)
- Lifetime Achievement Award. The award is accepted
by Michael´s two eldest children, Prince and Paris Jackson.
11th Annual Children Uniting Nations Oscar Celebration:
(Beverly Hills, USA; March 7, 2010)
- The German Music Awards were presented in Berlin
and as a special tribute, Michael Jackson was admitted to
the Echo Hall of Fame.
(April 10, 2010)
- Randy Jackson recieve the Angel Award on behalf of his late brother
- Latoya Jackson recieve the lifetime achievement in the music industry on behalf of his late brother